Do you and the kids in your care love grapefruits as much as my children? Have you tried it yet? Now is the month to do it! It's National Grapefruit Month, they are in season and tasty.
What's your favorite way to prepare and serve grapefruit?
Here are some informational facts, recipes and ideas to incorporate grapefruit into your program.
Nutritional Facts: Fat free • Cholesterol free • Sodium free • Good source of vitamin C • High in potassium
- Citrus Fact Sheet - focusing on how they grow
- Fruit and Vegetable Fact Sheets, including, Grapefruit Fact Sheets from the University of Lincoln, Nebraska
- Grapefruit USDA Mixing Bowl Recipes - Did you know you could broil grapefruits?
- Insert Grapefruit into the Island Fun Pasta on page 61
- Grow It, Try It, Like It Basics Book has some strategies for taste testing - page 17