I recently made a recipe posted on Super Healthy Kids called Chocolate Chia Recipe Cookie. I, however, think that is a misnomer. I taste mostly peanut butter so for the purposes of this post it's called Peanut Butter Chia Seed Cookies.
The recipe is 5 ingredients (Get Recipe Here):
- Peanut Butter
- Unsweetened Cocoa
- Maple Syrup (or honey)
- Chia Seeds
A few big benefits to this recipe is:
- Chia seeds stay crunchy
- Gluten Free
- Protein & Fiber (chia seeds and peanut butter combined)
- Low in Sugar
- Easy to make with my 3 year old. She was able to take part in basically the entire process.
- Counted the eggs, cracked them with me,
- Scooped the peanut butter into and out of the measuring cup
- Measured the cocoa and put it in the bowl
- Held the tablespoon over the bowl for the syrup while I poured and then put it in with the other ingredients.
- After I got the ingredients all mixed together she was so excited to take over herself and stir.
- She also got to make the cookie balls, put them on the tray and flatten them with a fork.
- They are a bit crumbly
- Big peanut butter taste
They are quite delicious, if you like peanut butter, and I really like the crunchy seeds. My 3 year old and 1 year old both really enjoy them.
This recipe makes 12.