Soulful Seasoning (page 34)
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground thyme
- Mix all ingredients together to make ¾ cup seasoning.
- Store in an airtight container and use in place of seasoning salts.
See the following recipes that use soulful seasoning:
- Dirty Rice and Blackeye Peas on page 32
- Sautéed Okra with Onions and Tomatoes on page 39
- Catfish Stew on page 41
- Oven Fried Catfish with Stir-Fry Greens on page 46