1 cup packed dates (pitted)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter or almond butter
1 cup roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
(Optional additions: banana chips, chocolate chips, dried fruit, etc.)+
1. Process dates in food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a "dough" like consistency.
2. Place oats, almonds and dates in a bowl - set aside.
3. Warm honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
4. Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8x8 dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
5. Press down until uniformly flattened. Cover with parchment paper or plastic wrap and let set in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
6. Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars. Store in airtight container for up to a few days. 10 Servings
Meal Component: Bread/Bread Alternate