- 1 Bunch of Fresh Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil (or less)
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Cup Parsley (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Boiling Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Fat Free Coffee Creamer
- 3 Eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Mayonaise
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Trim broccoli, chop stems and flowerets into small pieces. (Should be about 4 cups). Cook in small amount of water just until tender. Drain.
Heat oil in skillet over low heat, add chopped onion and sauté until golden and tender.
Blend in flour and garlic seasoning. Add creamer, then boiling chicken broth all at once, beating with a wire whip to blend.
Increase heat to moderately high; cook and stir until sauce comes to a boil and thickens.
Blend a small amount of the hot sauce into the well beaten eggs; return to mixture and continue to cook two minutes longer. Remove from heat.
Blend in broccoli and mayonnaise. Spoon into well-greased pan (9x13 works well).
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until firm.
Top should be slightly brown.
Meal Component: Vegetable