IOWA CHILD CARE DEVELOPMENT FUND (CCDF) STATE PLAN
The Iowa Department of Human Services, Division of Adult, Children and Family Services, is seeking input on the state's Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) State Plan for Federal Fiscal Years 2016 –2018. Federal regulations require the state to notify the public regarding the state's child care assistance program and the efforts to improve the quality of child care in Iowa.
Click Child Care Development Fund State Plan to review Iowa's draft CCDF State Plan. It will be available for review and comment from December 18, 2015 – January 7, 2016. As you review the draft of Iowa’s State Child Care Plan, the following information may be helpful:
- BLACK text identifies the original draft state child care plan preprint issued by the federal government
- RED text identifies federal revisions released on 9/14/15 to the draft state child care plan preprint
- VIOLET text identifies Iowa’s responses to the information requested in the state child care plan preprint
Comments will be accepted by email or US postal mail until 4:30 p.m., Thursday, January 7th. Comments must be submitted either by email to email@example.com or in writing to Kim Shackelford, Iowa Dept. of Human Services, Division of ACFS-Child Care Bureau, Hoover State Office Bldg., 5th Floor, 1305 E Walnut, Des Moines, IA50319-0114.
A public hearing will also occur on January 7th from 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Iowa Association of Community College Trustees offices located at 855 E. Court Ave., Des Moines, Iowa. You may also attend the public hearing via webinar by registering at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6063536512298101249. Comment provided in person or via webinar on that day must also be submitted in written form. Oral comment is limited to 5 minutes per person.
- Timeline – CCDF State Plan Submission
- Staff Assignments – by CCDF State Plan Sections
- Implementation Plans Status Update– Plans needed to meet the new requirements
- Community Considerations in Meeting the CCDBG Requiements