Originally published in the "What's New With the Child Care Community" Newsletter.
Finalizing your April activities? Sometimes we can be inspired by the special days on the calendar! For each special day below, we found some sort of activity you could do with your children.
- April Fools Day (April 1) - French Toasty Fries
- National Fun Day (April 1) - Create a Special Theme Day
- Autism Awareness Day (April 2) - Read a book together on empathy or autism itself. This book "My Brother Charlie" is for 4-8 year olds.
- International Children's Book Day (April 2) - celebrated to inspire a love of reading and bring awareness to children's books.
- National Sibling Day (April 10) - Siblings in your care? Some things you can do to help them celebrate each other.
- Passover (April 11) - songs, food, crafts and more curated by submissions from preschool teachers.
- Easter (April 16) - Easter egg hunts!
- National Infant Immunization Week (April 22-29) - Webinar on March 30 by the CDC with Child Care Aware of America to talk about supporting immunizations in child care.
- Earth Day (April 22) - Teaching Kids About Pollution
- Poem in Your Pocket Day (April 27) - print out a couple of poems for your children to put in their pocket.
- National Honesty Day (April 30)
For the whole month...
National Autism Awareness Month - 6 ideas to bring awareness to autism within your program or family ranging from joining a walk to doing crafts or reading books.
National Poetry Month
National Library Week (April 9-15)
National Parks Week (April 15-23)
Week of the Young Child (April 24- 28)
Kid Activities also has a long list of activities you can do on these days.