While we were at the National Family Child Care Institute, we learned about a fabulous new literacy tool for family child care providers to use!
Too Small to Fail in partnership with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) and in collaboration with the National Head Start Association (NHSA) and the National Association for Family Child Care Providers (NAFCC) has created a comprehensive resource to engage in literacy activities with children - without out being so comprehensive you don't want to use it!
Too Small to Fail and HMH have invested in you, so these resources are available at no cost to you.
What Can You Expect?
5 weeks of literacy specific information and tools which includes:
- Getting to know young children
- Engaging children in playful learning
- Creating a literacy-rich environment
- Connecting with parents and families
- Supporting diverse leaders
There is no specific time period for you to this. It is set up to go along with your needs and schedule.
- Sign Up
- Fill out the Pre-Program Survey
- The Resources for the Learning - print these out for yourself or email them to your associations or parents and discuss together!
- Make use of the forum once you are signed up and engage in conversation with fellow caregivers
- Watch the Videos for each week.
This program is worth checking out no matter who you are. If you work with young children, it is worth looking at and sharing. Easily consumable information and if you know it already - they are awesome reminders.