Valuable resources to share - this doesn't need much introduction. Ranging from policy to pilot projects to grants to websites and guides - you'll find value in at least one (but I'm guessing even more!).
Wellness Child Care Assessment Tool - The WellCCAT provides a standard method for the quantitative assessment of nutrition, physical activity, and wellness policies written in parent handbooks, staff handbooks, and in other child care center policy documents. This tool offers a reliable means of assessing the comprehensiveness and strength of these written policies.
Academy of Dietetics and Nutrition Website and Resources
- http://www.eatright.org/ - A website in which you can get a variety of recipes or nutritional information for different age groups and genders.
- http://www.eatright.org/find-an-expert - helps you find a dietician in your area
- Entire Section for Children - Kids Eat Right
- Nemours Child Care Wellness Policy Workbook: Creating an Environment for Preschoolers to Create Healthy Habits for Life: The Nemours Child Care Wellness Policy Workbook serves to help child care providers, families and communities work together to raise fit, happy children. Child care providers and other early childhood professionals can use this Workbook to develop their own individualized wellness policies.
- Family Style Dining Toolkit: This guide defines family style dining, why it's important and a variety ideas for implementation. This includes ways to prepare for family style dining with young children such as taking 6-8 months helping them establish the skills with nonfood itmes - like pouring inn a water table.
- CACFP Policy/Memos (a few you might want to check out)
- TA-01-2015 - Encourage cross sharing, super-circular, training procurement
- CACFP-15-2015 - Physical Activity. Funds can be used for physical activity for CACFP training materials
- CACFP-11-2015 - Local Foods in CACFP
- Nutrition Education Resources
- New Meal Pattern - Expecting to publish the final rule before Summer 2016
- Child Nutrition Integrity Rule - Proposed Rule Coming out In April 2016
- CACFP Study of Sponsor and Provider Characteristics
- CACFP Assessment of Sponsor Tiering Determinations
- Study on Nutrition Wellness Quality of Child Care Settings (SNAQCS)
- Summer Foods and CACFP Route Maker - provides the most efficient way to get from one place to another. Would be good to use for scheduling monitoring visits
Do you have any to add?! Please do in the comments below.