At the CACFP Leadership Conference I had the opportunity to hear Gail Birch, the Executive Director, of Providers Choice speak about a curriculum she and her team put together called Twist and Sprout.
Twist and Sprout is a multimedia training and resource program meant to support child care providers as they work to improve their meal environments. This is free to you, right now! Twist and Sprout includes:
- In Person Workshops (In Minnesota)
- Seasonal Cycle Menus - which include a recipe for each menu. Each recipe has been tested and photographed. (Spring Menu for Example)
- Cooking with Kids Videos - for each day of the cycle menu, there has been a video created of Chef Marshall O'Brien preparing one of the meals with kids! (Spring Videos for Example)
- Culinary Skills Refresher Video Series - video topics include knife skills, kitchen gadgets, roasting vegetables, reducing waste and so much more! (Knife Video for Example)
- The Certificate Program - for those who go beyond training and put it all into action
Take a look at this wonderful resource to help you make your program healthier!
Here is one of the videos with the Chef and the Kids Cooking together. Making some Quinoa Fruit Salad.