President Obama released his proposed budget for 2016. Child care and early education play a significant role in this proposal. It's now up to Congress to agree with it and fund what President Obama has proposed.
There are several publications throughout our child care community who have taken the time to summarize and write about it and we have made some easily shareable social media pictures of the summary points. Here are the links to all of it for you.
- Child Care Aware Summary Sheet of the Fiscal Year 2016 Presidential Budget Proposal
- President Obama Releases Fiscal Year 2016 Budget Propsal - A blog post from National Policy Blog of Child Care Aware of America
- NAFCC has put together a lovely timeline for the budget process
- NAEYC's Synopsis of the Budget
- Federal Budget: 101 - this is a recorded webinar that is a bit dated as parts of it focus on the antics of the Government Shutdown and Sequestration in 2013, however, it does provide a good overview and understanding of how the budget process works.
- Pictures of Summary Points for easy sharing on Facebook , Pinterest or Twitter!
Some main points he makes in picture form.