Were you an avid Microsoft Clip Art user because you needed free images for your newsletters or website? And now you're lost because it's gone. Well, dry those weepy eyes and check out Flickr! There are ways to legally download pictures to use for free! Here's the deal.
- Go to Flickr.com
- Hover over Explore and click on "commons" Any picture you find in The Commons is in the public domain.
- Choose a picture of your liking
- In the bottom right corner of the black space around the picture you'll see an arrow pointing down. Click on this and choose the size picture you want.
- That's it!
Another way to use Flickr for pictures is to:
- Keyword Search what you are looking for in the main search bar.
- After your search results are returned click on the "any license" drop down and choose the license restrictions you can work within. Creative Commons means that people are willing to allow you to download their pictures with appropriate credit and possibly some other restrictions.
- Choose your picture
- Look at the "rights reserved" which will define for you how you can use the picture in very easy to understand terms.
- If you are going to follow the "rights reserved" rules download the picture the same way as before.
If you have any questions, I might be able to point you in the right direction! Comment below.