What is a blog?
A blog is a website or part of a website that people anyone can create.
What makes a blog different from other websites?Typically a blog is a website that has things, content, added to it regularly. It could be updated as much as the person maintaining it wants to: Daily, weekly, or monthly. I would venture to say a consistent and active blog is updated weekly at the very least. Other websites do not change as often.
Who writes blogs?
- A lot of the time blogs are used as public personal journals. Many people write about their day, comment on the latest news stories, post pictures of their kids and so much more.
- Blogs are often written by people that have a small business or are starting a business and want to provide exposure to their expertise or product.
- Company's also have blogs that might give you insight into their company culture or give you advice on how to use their products.
- ChildCareInfo.com uses our blog for many different avenues which include talking about recent events, news stories, general information and inviting feedback on these things to begin a discussion of sorts. Our blog, in addition to other parts of the community section, will be the most changing and up-to-date part of the website.
What are blogs about?
Blogs can be about anything and everything. There are TONS of blogs out there about activities for children that include pictures and suggestions on how to execute them! The government even blogs.
Here are examples of some blogs that you might find interesting:
- Healthy Kids Healthy Future
- Birth to Thrive - Thrive by Five
- Education Week
- Planet Pals
- Engaging Toddler Activities
- Early Childhood Focus
How do I find blogs that are relevant to me?
When doing a search on Google.com, on the left hand side, there are ways to filter your search. One of those ways is by blogs. If you want to see only blog postings about "child care activities for toddlers," do your typical search but then click "more" then "Blogs" and the search results will show only blogs that are related to your search. See below for what it looks like.
What if I wanted to create my own blog?