You can make a difference in the lives and well-being of the children in your care. The National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Office of Child Care are recognizing your important role in the children’s health. Have you heard of the First Lady’s Let’s Move campaign? Did you know there was aLet’s Move Child Care, focused just for on the child care setting! There are “more than 20% of children between the ages of 2 and 5 years old overweight or obese” (Let’s Move Child Care State Challenge Flyer).
To encourage more child care facilities to participate in Let’s Move Child Care NACCRRA, the CDC and the Office of Child Care have put together a state challenge!
How do child care facilities participate?
- Sign-up on the Let’s Move Child Care website as a participant. The sign-up link can be found here.
- After you sign up, complete the checklist quiz and action plans, which are Steps 2 and 3.
The challenge is over April 1st!
What do the winning states get?
“National recognition including an award presentation during the 2012 Weight of the Nation Conference” (Let’s Move Child Care State Challenge Flyer).
What do you get?
- Make your program even better and more comprehensive than it already was;
- Bragging rights to current and potential parents that you have chosen to participate in the 1st Lady’s Let’s Move Campaign; and
- Influence the little ones in your care in a healthy and positive way, a way that some of those children may not get at home. You get to help them learn healthy eating and exercise habits. If your children are being taught these ways of life, help the parents be consistent!
Ready to help fight childhood obesity?
You have the power AND the support network! Sign up for the Let’s Move Child Care Initiative and get the bonus of helping your state win!
Share this with all of your friends and lets get as many kids healthy as we can!
More about the state challenge:
Previous Post about Let's Move Child Care:
Let's Move for Child Care Programs