Ideas for Parents for Provider Appreciation Day
A few of the ideas provided for parents to help celebrate Provider Appreciation Day are:
- Send flowers, cards or a handwritten note of appreciation;
- Work with your child to create a special remembrance;
- Buy something for your provider's play area; or
- Give your provider a paid day off, a raise or a bonus
- Certificate that says "What You Do Matters To Me"
- Certificate that says "You are an incredible provider
Public Testimonials or Make him/her a featured provider:
- Submit a testimonial on Provider Appreciation Day
- Nominate your provider for a special featured article. Tell us why you are nominating your provider to be featured and provide us with contact information for yourself and your provider.
What do you do for your child care provider? Share in the comments section...
Ideas for Organizations for Provider Appreciation Day
A list of a few ideas for organizations to take part in Provider Appreciation Day from ProviderAppreciationDay.org.
Call local restaurants, retail stores and grocery stores to request gift certificates/cards for the child care providers you work with;
Provide a scholarship for an early care education conference or workshop;
Plan a parent/provider picnic;
Ask a government official to sign a proclamation; or
Hang banners or posters
General Resources for Provider Appreciation Day
Press Releases: Learn a bit about engaging the press and how to send out a press release as well as a sample press release that you can customize for your purposes. http://www.providerappreciationday.org/docs/Send-a-Press-Release.pdf
Share/Templates: Get template certificates, a template card and parents can submit testimonials on ProviderAppreciationDay.org