The goal of our free online resources for your child care business workshop was to show family child care providers that they can easily (and for free!) make a professional looking website for their business. I think everyone in the class agreed that they can definitely use the resources we spoke about. For those of you that attended, here's a reminder. For those of you that couldn't attend, here is a rundown.
These lists will provide you with the links we spoke about as well as some we didn't get to:
We focused on using:
- weebly.com to make our websites
- the ability to "embed" content on our websites so we don't always have to make new content
- google calendar for keeping parents up-to-date with our schedule
- google forms to create a "contact us" form, a "parent survey", or a "sign-up" form.
- smore.com to make pretty online flyers, newsletters or event notifications
- widgets to stay up to date with other websites happenings
- and more :)
We asked what providers would wish for if they could wave their magic wand and get it (in relation to their child care business and online resources). Here are some of what they would want. How about you? Leave your wish in the comment section, we may be able to grant it!
- Colorful, Fun and Interactive Website
- Have website and facebook update themselves
- Make updating online presence less time consuming
- to have the webpage look more professional
- Free background check for staff
- Some free online training
- Informative, Interactive and Colorful website
- Free Training
- Play Equipment in backyard
- Administrative assistant