It is a season to reflect and be thankful. It is also a season that has the cutest and most fun activities to do with the kiddos.
There are free printables for coloring turkeys by number, thanksgiving themed word searches, hand turkeys or other fun crafts. How about making pilgrim finger puppets or having the children write what they are thankful for on the feathers of a construction paper turkey. Oh, and I love this one, how about creating a turkey disguise for your turkey! All of these activities, printouts and games have been pinned to our pin board, Fall Books and Activities.
My favorite of all of the activities pinned is the Fall Tree on a Wall. A family makes a big tree out of construction paper. They cut many different leaves to tape to the trunk/branches of the tree. Each leaf has something “fall-y” that the family wants to do this season. I LOVE this idea.
- Gets children involved in being a part of a plan
- Gives children a voice in how their season/days will transpire
- They don’t want to do something one of the other kids choose, that’s fine because at some point they will get to do what is on their leaf.
- Depending on age, the children could say what they are taping to the tree and tell the family/child care why they want to do that thing
- It holds everyone accountable to being an active participant in the cultural traditions, seasonal changes and plain ol’ fun of the season
Do you think this is a good idea? Can you envision using it with your family or child care? Also, I think it needs a better name…any ideas? Comment below!
Visit our Pinterest Board or learn more about Pinterest from a previous post