March is a lovely month - the first day of spring begins, our days get longer with more light and hopefully for those that have been hit by the polar vortex it means there will be a lot of melting snow! March is also a month filled with fun themes to include in the child care environment such as Read Across America (Dr. Seuss's Birthday), Nutrition Month, St. Patricks Day and CACFP Week. Below are some fun ideas to help you incorporate these themes into your care this month.
Read Across America/Dr. Seuss's Birthday
- Dr. Seuss Pinboard
- Dr. Seuss Child Care Activities (from 2012 contest)
- All you need to know about Read Across America and Dr. Seuss's Birthday, including recommended favorites by Summer our ECE contributor.
- Cook with the children.
- Taste Testing
- Coloring - Printables
- Specials for Nutrition Month
- Parent Handouts
It's time to share all there is to share about the Child and Adult Care Food Program!
- CACFP Week Countdown!
- Take the Pledge to Tell at least one person about CACFP during the week of March 16!
- CACFP Coloring Sheet - for the children to color and take home to their parents (reminding them of why you participate on the food program)
- National CACFP Week, March 16-22, 2014 - The National CACFP Sponsor Association's kit to help you talk about and celebrate CACFP Week.
- Media Toolkit for CACFP from Food Research and Action Center (FRAC) - learn how to handle reporters, get your message across and make the most of interacting with various media outlets for the Child and Adult Care Food Program
- #CACFP Social Media Campaign - Get template messages to talk about the food program the week of March 16! Just copy and paste to your Facebook or Twitter account.