Have you heard of the Child Care Aware of America's RAISE Your Hand webinar series? No? Well, now is the time to check it out.
Child Care Providers:
- Federal Budget: It would be good to know why and how the payments made from the food program or your parents that pay with subsidies are impacted by the way the government works - when it's successful and when it's petty. The Federal Budget webinar could be very helpful to you, check it out on YouTube.
- Pre-K For All: Or you've heard about the Pre-K for all plan and you're wondering where that leaves you and your business? Or you've heard of Grow America Stronger or Strong Start for Children but you don't understand how it works with the President's plan but want to know more. Check out the upcoming Universal Pre-K webinar from the National Women's Law Center, Thursday January 16. Or Raise Your Hand for Child Care in February.
- Early Head Start - Child Care Partnership: Have you heard a rumbling about this Head Start Partnership? Wondering what it means for you, how it could benefit your business and the children on your care? Watch this incredibly informational webinar by Tommy Sheridan from the National Head Start Association. Get an overview of what children/parents qualify, the different services offered and why a Head Start Partnership might be just the thing you've been looking for to help raise your program to that "next level." One of my personal favorite bonuses is that if you successfully get a Head Start grant and have a Head Start child in your care, then all of the other children in your care get the benefits, such as medical and dental screenings! You can watch the webinar on YouTube.
You care about your kids. You care about the quality of care they receive. You want the best for you children and your child's caregiver and teacher. Educate yourself about what the government does or does not intend to do and use your voice. Share with other parents, voters, community members why they should care. Raise your hand for your children; get started here.
Those of you who don't have children in early care settings, your children will be in school and forming our evolving society with the ones that are in child care. This matters to you too.
Other Webinar Topics Are:
- Early Learning Polling: Making the Case For Early Education: Very interesting information about the nation's perspective on early care and using government funds to support it.
- Early Childhood and Quality Rating and Improvement Systems: Good way to learn about what these systems are attempting to accomplish, how these goals might be accomplished and the positives and negatives of QRIS and where they are headed.
- Home Visiting and Early Care and Education: Zero to Three shares with us how states are integrating home visiting into their comprehensive early learning plans.
All of the webinars can be accessed on Child Care Aware of America's YouTube Channel. Don't forget to attend the Universal Pre-K webinar on January 16 so you can ask your own questions. These FREE webinars are a wonderful way to learn about the early learning and child care systems.