I'm seeing posts on Facebook and Pinterest about Halloween activities. Everyone is prepping for their fun costume and holiday parties! Do you have a healthy party policy? Here are some fun snacks/platters that don't include candy and cakes!
- 10 Healthy Halloween Treats for Kids from Everyday Health - these include Colby Jack o' Lanterns and a Haunted Pizza made with whole-wheat pizza dough, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese (or another favorite type) and black olives. Pumpkin Dippers are adorable made with carrots, parsley, hummus and scallions.
- Healthy Halloween Ideas for Kids - Banana Ghost Pops and Jack-o-Lantern Sweet Potato Fries
- Witch Fingers - Carrots, red apples, Peanut butter (or something else that is sticky) or Witch Fingers with String Cheese Sticks, Almonds and Cream Cheese
- Goblin Grins - Pea pods, red bell pepper, slivered almonds
- Spooky Spider - made with olives and plum or Spider Sandwiches - made with circle cookie cutter and pretzel sticks
Enjoy! If you make any of these or have others to share, please send!