Thursday, November 14, is the big day. This is your career being effected.
Advocacy organizations are asking us to reach out to our Senators to advise them of our support of the Child Care Development Block Grant (CCDBG). IF you aren't sure you support it, then learn about it and decide. The CCDBG provides child care assistance and funds quality initiatives for child care at the federal level.
- This summary from Child Care Aware of America of the activity of the bill since 2013 is a good overview as well as their summary of the history and purpose of the Child Care Development Block Grant.
- Blog Post for Child Care Aware of America's Policy Blog: CCDBG Roundup: Everything you need to know for Thursday
- Webinar series that you can view on YouTube includes:
- Congressional Briefing:Reauthorization CCDBG - The Need for Quality Child Care,
- CCDBG Moving Forward: The History and Current Status of S 1086,
- CCDBG Moving Forward: What S.1086 Means for Families and Child Care Providers,
- CCDBG Moving Forward: What S 1086 Means for Quality Set Aside and QRIS, and
- CCDBG Moving Forward: Funding, Appropriations, Timelines for Implementation
- National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) is also urging you to contact your Senator to show support and urge them to vote for the Child Care Development Block Grant. Contact me if you'd like me to forward the "Contact your Representative with template message" to you, I can't find a link.